- Asset Management
- Workforce Planning
- Activity-Based Budgeting
- Price Analysis
- Cost Management
- Weather Data
- Predictive Forecasting of Usage
- Strategic Capital Planning
To capitalise on new opportunities, energy and utility companies are transforming to smarter energy systems that feature a two-way flow of energy and information.
There is more and more pressure on energy and utility companies to deliver cost-effective and reliable energy sources, while keeping environmental concerns in mind. At the same time, consumers are demanding more control over their own energy consumption. Companies need insights into performance and usage across the network to make more effective decisions.
- How can we better manage the huge influx of data from smart grids and meters?
- Can we more effectively use past history of weather, loads and environmental factors to predict outages and track demand patterns?
- How can we better understand public sentiment about our service and identify areas that can help address customer concerns?
- What can we do to empower consumers to lower their energy consumption?
- How do we manage capital planning and forecasting models to maintain profitability while meeting stringent standards?
With Cortell & IBM Analytics, you can integrate and analyse structured data, such as real-time energy usage, together with unstructured data from sources such as call centre and maintenance logs, to gain insight into performance, customer service and other key aspects of your business.
- Transform the grid from a rigid analogue system to a dynamic and automated energy delivery system.
- Empower consumers by providing them with near real-time, detailed information about their energy usage.
- Meet stringent greenhouse gas emissions targets while maintaining sufficient cost-effective power supply.